Saturday, January 06, 2007

Christmas and New Year

Happy New Year Everyone! Last year ended in a weird way, wasn't in the mood of much, I was even wondering why I was taking a Christmas vacation in the first place. The next thing I know I was on that long plane ride to Montreal, and I arrived to a country which was a little too warm for this time of year! That started of my trip pretty nicely. Then this unexpected vacation started turning into a much needed "good times to remember" trip. I had the best time in a while, in Canada. I arrived to our apartment and my sister had a gorgeous tree all decorated, the door was decorated, Christmas touches everywhere, it was so refreshing, I don't think I had ever seen our apartment decorated for Christmas, given that every year we came back to Kuwait. The next thing you know, we were on the train, on our way to Windsor were my grandparents live, my uncle from Toronto joined us and we also had an amazing Christmas with them, which we hadn't done in I don't know how long. Still, Since we had been traveling so much, and I didn't actually get to have one day in Montreal before leaving to Windsor, I hadn't felt like my trip had started yet, all I wanted to do was basically sleep, because the traveling was getting to me. 26th back to Montreal, and that's when things started getting crazy! My cousins were in town, my friends were ready to have a great time, we were basically 6 girls up to no good! We met great ppl, weather was not Canada winter, and New Year was unforgettable.
I had great moments with my brother and sister too, interesting conversation with my brother about what's next. And a lot of things took perspective.
The year 2006 had nice times but it certainly wasn't all great for me, neither was 2005, and on new year's eve we were driving up north, me, my cousin and one of our friends, were riding in the same car in which we let out everything bad about 2006, we just unleashed, and it felt like a great clean up. We are all three feeling pretty good about 2007 ;) (at least we are hoping). All I know is that I'm back in Kuwait, still feeling good about many things in my life, and I'm really looking forward to what's next.
I wish you all, a great year, unforgettable moments, and lots of love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you spent christmas someplace more christmasatic :) have a good 2007...

Fonzy said...

well its great u enjoyed urself among family and friends and actually remember most of it :P i think the drive helped u the most being able to vent and all that. I too am hoping for a better 2007 but so far, all i got were gloomy days:) happy new year and best of luck for this upcoming year!

Sita said...

Thanks guys, I hope it was great for you as well. Hope you are feeling better Fonz..?

Fonzy said...

am surviving :)