Saturday, July 15, 2006

Situation in Lebanon

The situation in Lebanon has sadly gotten much worse. I think I am still in my state of shock. Israel has not stopped since the first day but today was the worse. The attacks were everywhere, beirut is getting hit, Amchit, Tripoli, Jounieh, Bekaa and the south of course, every corner of Lebanon is under attack. Someone plays with fire, and our country sadly becomes the battlefeild of a war which we never wanted to play part in. We simply seem to be stuck in the wrong place. Lebanon is the most beautifull place on earth, and they are destroying it from us. It is not fair. I spent the whole day crying. My friend left beirut at around 3PM today on his way to Syria from Tripoli road, then a few hours later Tripoli was under attack, the road was under attack, and I hadn't heard from him. It was only at 10:30 PM that someone told me he made it. All I can say is that going through this feeling reminded of every single second my family and I had spent in Lebanon during the last war in 88. There is nothing about war that you can ever get used to. It starred at us for years, and when we finally kept pushing to rebuild it, when we put all our hopes and trust in our Country, they came and took our dreams away. We cry today, like we have cried in the past, but we are strong people, and we will bring our country back on it's feet even if we are doing it ALL over again. There is no way anyone should give up on beleiving in their country and we will never let anyone forget the beauty, charm, passion and love of Lebanon. May God keep it and it's people safe.

1 comment:

Sita said...

thank you so much twoflower.... I am safe, I am in Kuwait at the moment. Many of my friends have made it back to, and my family in lebanon are staying in area that are ok and hopefully will stay as safe as possible. I have not posted because I have simply been a little speechless as to what I can say. All I seem to have to scream about it political and that is not something I want to get into on the blog, because politics are a complicated issue. But Things will be ok, what is for sure, is that suddenly so much of the small details I use to worry about in my daily life, are seem on a much larger scale, and you realise how lucky you sometimes are, and how much some other things matter more. I've been reading your blog... and I'm glad to hear you're going crazy. I am kinda missing it right now, but i'm still OPTIMISTIC as to being in lebanon and partying int he best club in town with a million guys as well, in AUGUST!.... well at least I sure hope so, or else i just might have to stop by south africa for a night. :P