Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Glam Cult

So I found the PDF of the magazine, it's in Dutch, if I'm not wrong and it looks a little original for my taste, :P, but there's an article written by Tania Traboulsi and she says at the very end:

“Here I am, sitting on the deck of one of those ships which, till now, I only knew from the news or from friends leaving the country with the embassies. As the smoke rose over southern Beirut, the town vanished on the horizon and my heart felt so terribly torn! No love in my life has ever broken my heart as much as the destruction of Beirut, of Lebanon. Here I am now, on the deck of this French warship with 1400 other people. I am not able to talk, I feel emotionless,numb, even the sadness got drowned deep down inside of me. These war days have taught me so much. Real friends showed up and fake ones disappeared. People get very close in times of war. Close in a way that is not easy to explain in words. It is this special bond that you establish and that keeps you going and gives you hope. It is very beautiful. We will arrive in Cyprus tomorrow early morning. I wonder how it will feel. Thank god I’m so tired that I’m not really able to feel much. For now.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of many foreigners in lebanon who have considered it as home and loved it as though they were lebanese themselves.

Sita said...

Tania, is half lebanese, But yes I know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

*Sighs*

I really don't know how the people will trusy Lebanon enough to go back... i hope they do ... our culture, creativity, love of life and everything else that makes us Lebanese has to be shown to the world once again from Lebanon, not from Germany, hungry or even china ..

Anonymous said...

it s very late to post this comment and i have no idea if anybody will ever read it but... thx to the author of this blog to have posted this part of my article.
just to let u know guys, i did come back to lebanon, and although it s hard.. but i trust in the feeling i have for this country - home.
tanya